Picture
I came across The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by happenstance while scrolling through the "Under $2.99" section of my Nook store. I was drawn in by the blurb and figured I couldn't go wrong in spending two bucks. Not only did I not go wrong, but rather found myself completely drawn into Mara's imperfect world of a perfectly disturbed teenager. In the beginning, I was expecting the story to chronicle a girl in the throes of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder working through her mental demons. Instead, the author seamlessly wove in elements of paranormality, romance, and mystery that kept me turning the page to find out what was real and what was crafted solely within Mara's mind. This book will keep you guessing until the end. And when you finish Book 1, you will want to reach for Book 2.
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, Michelle Hodkin, Simon & Schuster, 2011

Comments

Wow this is so good book story of "The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer" and many people like this book story. Training in whatever a person is good in makes it enjoyable as things will flow very easily. Interest also is vital as it will enhance fast understanding.

I love to read interesting books. But honestly, I don't have any idea what this book is all about. I'm curious in the story because my friend told me that this book has a lot of twist so I buy one of it. When I opened the pages of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer I had no idea what to expect. I can say that this book is really amazing. I love the story and Michelle Hodkin is such a good author. The novel just grips you and won't let you breath until you've read it all. Thank you for sharing kind kind of information with us.

04/16/2017 6:32pm

Absolutely, without a doubt, the best paranormal series that I've ever read. This was one of those books that you just couldn't put down because you needed to know what's real and what's not. A total page turner and such a cliff hanger at the same time. If you're into reading some kind of dark, mysterious and creepy storyline, this is definitely your type of book. Although, the cover for me was kind of cheesy, because of this underwater couple or anything you want to call them but, when you open the pages and started reading it, you wouldn't have any idea what to expect and how would the story go. Everything is just unpredictable and I really like how its synopsis doesn't give you that much information and facts about the series. I would most likely to describe this book as one of the peculiar novels out there, full of mysteries and strange happenings. In fact, there were some instances that I just had to set the book down for a moment to gather all of my thoughts so I could decipher everything what I had just read. What really made this book more interesting, is the fact that you can't always trust the narration of the protagonist Mara Dyer's constant nightmares and hallucinations annoyingly played tricks on my mind a couple of times without me noticing it in the first place and I had to seriously go back and try to figure out what was really happening. Mara's character is already a mystery that you need to figure out and I just love her sense of humor and positivity in this kind of situation. But this book doesn't really comprise solely of all types of creepiness and bizarreness that you can ever think of. There's more to this story than its confusing enigmatic plot and haunting occurrence. It's also the surprising existence of romance. To be honest, I was always looking forward to Mara and Noah's scene together because it's like a break from all of the weirdness of this book and I honestly died a thousand times for swooning over Noah Shaw. I literally don't have any words to express how completely in love I am with this fictional guy right here. I think it's, by far, the most incredibly done love story in a paranormal novel that didn't make me cringe or feel any awkwardness. I just completely fell in love with the right blend of so many genres of this book, that you didn't expect in the first place to make such extremely captivating kind of story like this one. This trilogy is definitely those types of series I wouldn't get tired of reading over and over for no one knows how many times.

09/07/2016 11:26pm

How many books did you wrote? And what is the most interesting? ;)

09/19/2016 12:48pm

I would wait for a whole series to release to read them all in one time.

11/01/2016 3:53am

Would you recommend this book? I think I should read it. It will be nice.